UPDATE: It appears JustMarie also tagged me for a similar meme back on the 20th and I didn't see it (sorry, doll).
Lauowolf tagged me for this crazy 7-or-8 Things About Me meme everyone’s
being infected by enjoying so much. Although I can easily become bored of relentless meme-ing, I find memes to be far less annoying than the QotD since memes generally inspire more thought and better posts. For example, I quite enjoyed learning that Lauowolf’s vocabulary, like mine, cannot be attached to any particular part of the country; we’re both well-rounded slang-slingers!
Anyway, I’m going to cheat. But only because I am hell of busy today and have partially answered this query already.
Please begin by reading this. That’ll give you your first five, though I realize they can’t count for a full five because of bizarre and undocumented internet meme rules. So, here are five more:
1. I used to have hair down to my waist and played guitar in a Metallica cover band. This was back when Metallica didn’t totally suck balls, mind you. Our best song was Fade to Black. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) was a close second, though we did a pretty bad-ass version of Creeping Death, as well.
2. I have no children of my own and probably never will. Amanda and Zach are Karin’s kids from her previous marriage. This is the only time I will admit to this without being directly asked about it, because I honestly wish they were my own kids. I love them that much.
3. I ate squid once and really liked it. (Please don’t tell Cthulhu.) This is interesting only because I truly despise seafood.
4. I cannot, for the life of me, seem to memorize how to spell “hors d’oeuvres”. I had to look it up just to make this post.
5. I have a terrible habit of repeating myself. I’ll say something and then immediately repeat it, only with different wording. I usually have to say things several times in varying ways before I’m satisfied I’ve made myself clear. As soon as an idea has left my mouth, a new version of the same idea immediately follows. I can’t seem to say anything without saying it again (and again). In other words, I tend to habitually reiterate my ideas multiple times.
Now comes the hard part about these meme dealies: choosing others to participate. This is tough because 1) you don’t necessarily know who has already been tagged and 2) a lot of people loathe memes. So, that being said, if I list you and you’ve already done this or would rather dip your face in boiling water than participate, I will not be insulted if you ignore the call.
I wouldn’t mind reading some interesting facts about (in no particular order):
By the way, if you weren't listed here, please do not feel insulted. I still love you. It's just that I'm only supposed to pick eight people and I did it sort of randomly. *sigh*